Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a question about the Intermatic P1131 Heavy Duty

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about the Intermatic P1131 Heavy Duty Above Ground Pool Pump Timer. Once you have set timer for two hours daily, is it easy to reset in order to run pump for more than two hours daily when necessary to heat pool

Contractor's Assistant: How long have you had your P1131?

I haven't ordered it yet, I need to know if this is the pump i need for running it a couple of hours a day when I am not home and then running it longer on week-ends in order to maintin and heat pool. thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried any timer so far because I just bought the house with a pool and have just opened the pool a few days ago and am running pump manually a few hours a day. But it is a week-end house and I need a solution for when I am not at home.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so. Thanks.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
5/28/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

This timer has multiple time settings since it uses removable On and Off pins. You can set the time (space between pins) for what you need daily. It also comes with extra pins so you can have multiple On/Off cycles daily.

Here is a link to the manual for reference so you can see how to do that. If you need additional On/Off cycles you would need to order extra pins.

https://www.intermatic.com/en/pool-and-spa/specialty-controls/p1131