Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

When should I back flash my filter. I just opened my pool…

Customer Question
Second opinion] when should...

Second opinion] when should I back flash my filter

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I just opened my pool today but there is alot of scum on the top of the water

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

I got it from great escape and the filter is a hayward pro voyager with a nature vision pro attached

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Alot of the tree leaves that was on the top of the pool cover which was scummy and slimmy fell in I got in the awful pool and tried to get it out and Im going to do the work myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

So I shocked it and put the opening chemicals in

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
5/27/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

If the pressure gauge reads 15-22 psi it should be back washed, if the pressure gauge is higher than 22 the filter needs the be disassembled and washed. Recommend doing this after you have cleaned the pool that way the filter and pool are both clean at the same time.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 1 month ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 30 days ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave