Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

How much torque is required on Hayward Super pump housing…

Customer Question
How much torque is...

How much torque is required on Hayward Super pump housing bolts?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Trical & Boiler contractor. IndustrialPearl Wilson, HVAC Technician's Assistant
Welcome! How can I help with your HVAC question?
You
how much torque is required on Hayward Super pump housing bolts?

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Replaced the shaft seal and the pump is leaking around the new housing gasket. do not want to over tighten?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/10/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 3 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Here is a link to the installation, service, and parts manual. if you notice Hayward does not specify any torques valves, mainly because the bolts do not require anything more than snug plus 1/16th-1/8th more force. If you are still getting leaks, it is most likely that the gasket, seal, or sealant, was not aligned correctly or it may have slipped during assembly, or the gasket or seals are faulty. These pumps are fairly straight forward for repairing, you just need to be very careful when re-assembling. It also helps to take some extra time and develop a bolt tightening pattern to evenly (without any movement) secure the bolts.

http://www.poolcenter.com/p/hayward-super-ii-swimming-pool-pump

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 2 months ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 1 month ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on May 10, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 29 days ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 1 day ago

Hello… I am sorry to keep bothering you however this question has been open for so long yet remains incomplete due to no action or responses received from you to indicate this matter has been resolved. The question can be closed out by either letting me know through this email that you are no longer in need of assistance, or by completing the 5 Star Rating. I thank you for supporting this request.

Best,

Dave