Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

When I fill my filter with water and close the air value it…

Customer Question
When I fill my...

When I fill my filter with water and close the air value it blows drain plug need help

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have just clean the filters

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Pool and Spa
4/1/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 19 days ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Can you upload a couple of photos so I can see the type of filter.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
hayward swimclear cartridge filter model #c2025 c3025 c4024 c5025 owner manul no photo
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
no

What blows off the top where the pressure gauge is or the middle where the clamp ring is?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
the drain plug at the botton of the filter

At the backwash location?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
i got it i put plumber tape around the treed i will try you service for one month

Okay... hopefully that will help for awhile. It is not uncommon for those threads to get cross threaded or strip out making it a problem over time.

If the plumbers tape doesn't work in the future you may want to try threading on a Brass or Galvanized nipple and see if you can cut in some cleaners thread, if not then try an expanding plug similar to capping off drain lines.

You can always come back to this question, or ask for me specifically later if you need further assistance.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified