Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Untex pool spa model spa-h-10-1 makes grinding noise. Intex…

Customer Question
Untex pool spa model...

Untex pool spa model spa-h-10-1 makes grinding noise

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Intex purespa tm

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

E90 error but what makes that grinding noise

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
I yes
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Intex not untex
4/1/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: Billy, Technician replied 3 months ago
Billy
Billy, Technician

hello,

you have only 2 choices....

1 - the motor bearing is gone and needs a new motor.

2- the pump has broken a fin or got something inside the pump assembly.

Are you able to take this apart?

No
Well does that mean I gave money with no helpful ways to get fixed
Do I get refund

ok, the short story is the only 2 things that mechanically move and can cause this noise is the motor...which is fed by electricity, and the pump which is turned by the motor.

Often they are a one piece assembly, In order to fix we need to take this apart...which is why I asked if you could. Is there something you can do on your end to help?

Will tell me how to get to that part?

sure, just a moment...

I can try if you help

This is the intex part site...this is what I think you have but rely on you to verify..

see HERE

Also you can call Intex direct with model number and they can cross part info. Then I can assist on the replacement

Ok
I just ordered a motor can I call when I’m ready to change it?
Can I get help when I’m ready to swap

yes, you just take a look first at the unit....then respond back here for any questions. Main rule is make sure power is off.