Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Untex pool spa model spa-h-10-1 makes grinding noise. Intex…

Customer Question
Untex pool spa model...

Untex pool spa model spa-h-10-1 makes grinding noise

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Intex purespa tm

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

E90 error but what makes that grinding noise

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I yes
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Intex not untex
4/1/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: Billy, Technician replied 25 days ago
Billy
Billy, Technician

hello,

you have only 2 choices....

1 - the motor bearing is gone and needs a new motor.

2- the pump has broken a fin or got something inside the pump assembly.

Are you able to take this apart?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Well does that mean I gave money with no helpful ways to get fixed
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Do I get refund

ok, the short story is the only 2 things that mechanically move and can cause this noise is the motor...which is fed by electricity, and the pump which is turned by the motor.

Often they are a one piece assembly, In order to fix we need to take this apart...which is why I asked if you could. Is there something you can do on your end to help?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Will tell me how to get to that part?

sure, just a moment...

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I can try if you help

This is the intex part site...this is what I think you have but rely on you to verify..

see HERE

Also you can call Intex direct with model number and they can cross part info. Then I can assist on the replacement

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I just ordered a motor can I call when I’m ready to change it?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Can I get help when I’m ready to swap

yes, you just take a look first at the unit....then respond back here for any questions. Main rule is make sure power is off.

poolguy810
poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company