Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My hot tub is not heating even though I have replaced the…

Customer Question
My hot tub is...

My hot tub is not heating even though I have replaced the elements and the sensors

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

I bought it from Hot springs. It is a Bengal

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What ever I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The circulation pump still works as does the jet pump

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
4/1/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: Bill, Technician replied 3 months ago
Bill
Bill, Technician

In regard to sensors...is the flow switch making contact to enable the heater function?

Where is the flow switch located?

It varies depending on the spa pack..i will post a pic for you..

see this link HERE

Can you tell me if the water is circulating?

I dont have one of those. My sensors go straight to the heating element housing. The water is circulating

there has to be a pressure switch or flow switch in every unit...as that is what tells the heater it is ok to kick on. could you post a pic of the unit with door off?

Says file is too big. Can't.

lower left of circuit board almost bottom of cabinet..there should be a T with 2 wire to it..

I have followed all wires from the circuit box and there are only the two that go to two sensors into the mechanism that has the heating elements. The rest go to power pumps and ozone sys box. I must have a different model than the one you are looking at. I have a tiger River Spa. it could be a Sumatra instead of the bengal.

ok you have a pressure switch instead of flow switch. Do you get any blinking lights at start up?