Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

We can’t get our Hayward heater to turn on. When we click…

Customer Question
We can’t get our...

We can’t get our Hayward heater to turn on. When we click the check mark it just goes back to the buttons for spa or pool. On the unit itself the service light is on and Lo is on the screen.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

It’s an in ground attached to the pool

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so. We had it working and all of a sudden it won’t turn on

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
3/12/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 5 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

An Lo error is an open limit string error. Is the pump running?

No we turn the filter pump off before we try to start the heater

The heater won't run unless there is water moving through it. Try turning the pump on first

Ok, we are new to this. Can you walk me through the process. The filter pump makes the water spill over the hot tub into the pool. So we turn that off to keep the water circulating in the hot tub. We need to put the hot tub in spa mode?

I don't know how your system is configured. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

We figured it out. We don’t need help anymore. Thank you.