Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I'm getting a e95 code on my spa. with in 2 minutes after we…

I'm getting a e95...

I'm getting a e95 code on my spa. with in 2 minutes after we turn it on

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Intex

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We just cleaned it all out put fresh water in it the temp reads 81 and when we turn on the het button it gives us a code of e95 after 2 minutes

2/20/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

ok, thank you

Try this and see if it corrects the problem;

Remove the Plastic cover over the Intex pump. There are two sensors which are easy to spot. They usually have shinny hex connections one on each side of the water flow.
Remove these sensors and clean the bronze tips using a soft bristle wire brush or sanding cloth. The tips of the sensors are copper and after six months to a year they build up corrosion. It doesn't take a lot to cause them to malfunction. You can easily spot the corrosion it's usually green in color on the sensor tips.

After cleaning, thread these back in and put the cover back on the pump and try your heater. Be careful not to cross thread when re-installing the sensors.

If this doesn't work, you may have let the sensors go too long without cleaning and they're most likely damaged. You might try getting replacement sensors from ThermoMart around $6.50 - $10.00 each.

ok its dark out now so ill try that in the am, thank you

You are most welcome. On a side note Intex by nature has a horrible troubleshooting section on all their spa's with almost zero customer support. If you decide to contact Intex most likely they will try to sell you something not needed, but will not help resolve the problem. Many of the Intex repairs have been through blogs or support forums like this. If this procedure does resolve the problem please let me know so I can advise other Intex owners on future questions.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified