Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

I have a J355 JACUZZI SPA i HAVE THE 616 ERROR CODE

hi i have a...
hi i have a J355 JACUZZI SPA i HAVE THE 616 ERROR CODE FLASHING. i READ THAT MEANS I NEED TO CHANGE THE CLEARRAY BULB AND RESET THE TIMER. i CHECKED AND CONFIRMED I DO NOT HAVE THE CLEAR RAY SYSTEM I READ HOW TO RESET THE TIMER AND CLEAR THE 616. ( HOLDIING PUMP 1 AND COOL BUTTONS AT SAME TIME FOR 3 SEC. I ALSO TRIED HOLDING PUMP 2 AND COOL BUTTONS.....tHIS DOES NOTHING.... ANY IDEAS? THANKS, MIKE
Answered in 1 day by:
1/16/2018
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

Hello.

Please try this:

A. Press the Menu button three times to display the CLEARRAY Bulb Replacement Timer Menu. The LED screen will display “U.”

B. Press the Warmer button to enter the menu. The LED screen will display the number of days remaining or zero. Note: If you press the Warmer button after the number of days remaining you will revert back to the “U” menu. You will need to repeat step B to re-enter the menu.

C. Press the Jets Pump 1 button to access the CLEARRAY bulb replacement timer. The display on the LED screen will blink once to indicate that the system is ready to accept changes.

D. Pressing the Warmer or Cooler button will add or subtract days in increments of 10 days except when 360 is reached. Then a 5-day increment occurs. The range for programming is from 0 to 365 days.

E. Once you select the number of days, press the Jets Pump 1 button to confirm the selection. The display of the LED screen will blink twice to indicate that the changes have been accepted. You must press the Jets Pump 1 button to confirm your selection or the current settings will remain active.

Note: If no button is pressed within 5 seconds of each selection the screen will revert back to the Main Menu and the current settings will remain active.

You will have to do this reset yearly.

I hope this solves your issue.

Standing by.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks for the reply Hot Tob Guy, however, the jacuzzi 355 model does not have a "menu" button. It has a select, cycle, mode and display button. I tried pressing each of them 3 times. The cycle button did display a "U" upon hitting it three times. Unfortunately hitting the warmer button once the U was displayed had no effect.

What year is your model 355?

Standing by.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a 2005

How about this:

1. Ensure your spa is in ‘Standard’ Mode.
2. Then, press the (CYCLE) button three times; The screen will display “U.” At this time the system is ready to accept your changes.
3. Press the select button and it will read “ON”.
4. Press the up or down temperature button until it reads “OFF”.
5. Press the cycle button and it will exit that menu and read CIRC.
6. Press the Display button to get back to the temperature.

TheHotTubGuy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are a genius! This worked. Thanks so much! Can I ask you how in the world you found this info out? Also what exactly did I turn off when I did the above steps? The 365 day count down timer? Thanks again, Mike

I had to comb over older Sundance steps since Jacuzzi did not have any help. Actually, Jacuzzi didn't have and blb reset info until 2012+.

Just a hunch. So glad it was helpful.

Best regards

TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy