Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a Dr error on my sunbelt spa - what does this mean.

Customer Question
I have a Dr...

I have a Dr error on my sunbelt spa - what does this mean

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Sunbelt

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, but I do have a technician I can call. however he is very sick at the moment

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, I was trying to keep the spa turned off so as not to run the heater. I would turn it on daily and run the jets, but one morning with a heavy rain, I turned it on and it was either steam or soke coing out of it. I turned it off and

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/14/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: Home Guru, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

This means the unit is detecting no water flow through the heater. Is the pump running?

the pump is running and it shows the heater is working.
forget it - no more money
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 4 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

T​he DR code means the system is DRY or not detecting proper or adequate water flowing through the heater. This may be caused by the sensors being inoperative or faulty. An easy way to determine if the sensor is the problem is to bypass the sensor and see if the error goes away, if so bad sensor, if not then the problem is elsewhere and you will need to continue troubleshooting and diagnosing the cause. If you have an bubbles trapped in the system you will need to purge those out as they can also set the sensors off.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

As of this posting I have not been able to locate any additional information on this specific issue, and since I have not received any reply or feedback from the recommendations I mentioned above, I trust they have been helpful in resolving this problem. However, if you are still needing additional assistance, please let me know by using the reply box below, otherwise I will proceed in closing out this question.

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 3 months ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on January 14, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 2 months ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 1 month ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 6 days ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified