Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My controller temperature reads 32 degrees but the actual…

Customer Question
My controller temperature reads...

My controller temperature reads 32 degrees but the actual temp. is 90 degrees. The system turns on and runs at both pump speeds, you can set the temp higher but the heater will not come on.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just happened last night

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I have replaced both the controller and the entire S class unit in the past

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Filter is clean. Thermostat sensor area id free from obstructions. I took the temp with a manual thermometer so I know that the read out on the control is way off

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. The pumps run as normal it's just that the readout is wrong and the heater will not engage

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
1/13/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the electronics control module for the spa is most likely bad.

.

I need the brand name and model number of the spa to be more specific.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.