Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I turned off the power to my Hotspring Prodigy spa to drain…

I turned off the...

I turned off the power to my Hotspring Prodigy spa to drain the water. I refilled the spa and turn the circuit breaker back on. There is no power to the spa. The circuit breakers did not trip and I checked the fuse on the control panel. It looks ok.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Hotspring

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I follow the same procduce all the time and this is the first time this has happened

1/6/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

C​heck for a tripped GFCI's. Many spa's have 1 or 2 built in GFCI's either in the cord or somewhere along the main electrical path.

What does a GFCI look like and how do I reset it?
Thanks

I​t will either be on the wall (similar to an outlet with a mini circuit breaker and reset button) and something similar on the power cord, if you have one. Type in Spa Cord GFCI into your search engine and you will see several examples of GFCI's

ok. thank you

You are most welcome, if you can not locate anything, let me know and I will continue assisting you, however I recommend uploading a few photos so I can see what you have, before I recommend further troubleshooting, and enjoy the new year.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

ok. thank you. Reset them at the sub panel, but the spa is still not getting any power.

T​he GFCI's are usually after the panel, can you upload a few photos so I can see what you have.

O​k so the GFCI's are on the panel, if they are reset, then the next step is to verify there is proper voltage at the spa, this will require a voltage tester to further troubleshoot and diagnose the problem.

Ok, Thank you. I don't have one of those. I guess I'll have to call someone. Thank you very much for your time.

You are most welcome, too bad it wasn't a simple reset, however if it is something more, you'll want to repair it right before using the spa.

David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Thank you very much for the positive rating, I sincerely ***** ***** If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know.

Best,

Dave