Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a cal spa in my new home in new York where the

Customer Question
I have a cal...

I have a cal spa in my new home in new York where the weather is below zero. I just bought this home so I know nothing about the unit. Just looked at it and the water is cold and the display showed EC56. Reset the breaker and now nothing works at all. Trying to decide if I should drain this thing or what. Temps tonight are going to be below zero.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Cal Spa

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
cancel my membership immediately. I need help now not tomorrow. I will notify my card company to cancel the transaction.
1/4/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector replied 6 months ago
Jarrett Baker
Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector

hello, it sounds like your spa is in sleep or primer mode, either is normal. The Primer mode is when it first starts, after you reset breaker. It has a automatic freeze mode that protects the components. More info on messages on display at http://www.calspas.com/message-troubleshooting.php Hope this answers your question.

J Baker