Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Freeze pumps are working but must have frozen line

Customer Question
Freeze pumps are working...

Freeze pumps are working but must have frozen line somewhere. should I turn on pool heat??

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

Zodiak

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes as emergency

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
1/1/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition replied 7 months ago
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition

If you are in a cold climate like I am then it is normal for the freeze protection to come on in a pool spa combo set up, there is an air sensor that kicks on freeze protection if the air temp gets below 30 degrees. If this is a portable self contained spa then the heater is not operating and you need to get it running and or place a portable heater inside the cabinet to thaw out the plumbing then get spa heating as soon as you can.