Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Gaztech only please. This is additional question Regarding…

Customer Question
Gaztech only please. Hi. This...
Gaztech only please. Hi. This is additional question Regarding that 400 btu heater we have been discussing. Jandy lt 400 NL.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
I took off the two wires on top of the white thing (forgot the name) and connected them together with a paper clip. I turned on heater. It fired. Hot air came out of the top. Then the two lights came on and it stopped blowing hot air. Air flow. Service. It did same thing it’s been doing all along. Should I buy a meter and do the other tests you suggested above?
Is there any hope for this heater? I cannot afford a new one
12/30/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

What you bypassed was the water pressure switch. it senses when pool pump is activated. if switch is not working then its eiter defective and need replacing( common problem) or there is no water flowing through unit due to a bypass valve in the inlet and outlet water pipes.

Check all valve position and confirm water coming out at the pool jet

I just noticed you last picture, if thats the white thing you where refering to then that is a flame blowback roll out switch. if flame comes back out of burners and touches that( due to lack of maintenance of unit ??)!!! switch is burnt out like a burnt fuse and will need to be replaced.

I think the guy said it was a pressure switch
I just sent pics to show what I opened up. I also took the panel off the top section of the front and that’s where the pressure switch was along with other things
what tools do I need to bring over to try to fix this sucker?

A technician.

Happy holidays

Gaztech1

Great. Why don’t you try calling someone today and getting them out here?
I’m renting this house. These people are going to say they only rented the house for the pool. I’m going to have to give them money back. Money I don’t have. I’m desperate. Please help me
I’m not the average bear. I can build a house from the ground up. I drew my electric plan, ran the job, designed my house. I’m currently in production of a life hacks show where I’m featuring this website! Great life hack. How can I say how great this is if you let me down ? Check out my website. I’m the real deal
MichellePotterLiving.com. Website under construction but you’ll get the idea. I’m cash poor after my divorce. Plus this isn’t my house. I only manage it and the owner doesn’t have any money. I saved this house from foreclosure. I get two calls. I was thinking of calling you once I got to the house today.
Is that your final answer? You’re going to punt me?
Yesterday I called all her LA trying to get someone out. They all said good luck and sorry.
Which is what I’m now assuming you’re doing to me
I have a video that shows what the heater is doing and what I’ve done to troubleshoot this problem. If you watch this, I believe you can tell what the problem is. How do I send a video.