Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I used some metal gon as I refilled my hot tub as I have a…

Customer Question
I used some metal...

I used some metal gon as I refilled my hot tub as I have a lot of iron in my water. Now after 5 days all the surfaces under water are coated with rust. It wipes off easily from tub but plastic parts and jets are covered how do I remove these stains?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

Hot springs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
12/22/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Cole, Salesman replied 7 months ago
Cole
Cole, Salesman

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about spas and I think I can help.. so your on the right track with the metal gone but unfortunately iron can be quite hard to get rid of.... you can start by trying to just wiping the jets off with soft scotch bright pad... if its tough to get off like that you could try to add a anti scale chemical.... leisure times version is called spa defender you can also add your non chlorine shock in small dose... so the shock usually helps particles stick together so that the filter can catch them, the defender tends to loosen up the buildup so you can remove it.... i would try the following and see how it does.... happy Holidays hope you have good luck with the tub ... please let me know how i do through ratings as that is how i get paid... thank you again..

The stains are still there and cannot be wiped of. I use defender and nothing is working