Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

My spa is working to a certain degree - all the mechanicals…

Customer Question
My spa is working...

My spa is working to a certain degree - all the mechanicals seem to be doing what they should do on start up and shut down. However my spa is turning itself off just after reaching the correct temperature - this includes everything pumps, heat etc. It will then turn itself back on a couple of hours later regardless of how we shut it down. We are able to restart at the panel in the house - our spa side controller has never been connected so its not that. We have had two pool guys out and neither seems to have a clue. We have nothing programmed on the panel other than the cleaning cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

California pool and spa with a Jandy Aqualink RS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It will depend on what the issue is. Some we given we have not been able to figure it out we likely need more expertise.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pool and Spa
12/21/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, that set of symptoms points to a bad printed circuit board, one with micro cracks that open when the system warms up. To test that use a hair drier to warm the printed circuit board up to 130F, if anything changes you will have proven the board is bad.

Let me know how that goes.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer