Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I am a builder in Edmond okla., I have installed a 1 1/2 hp…

Customer Question
I am a builder...

I am a builder in Edmond okla., I have installed a 1 1/2 hp tri star pump with a 525 hayward cartridge filter. two inch until the chlorinator then to inch and a half to 3 pool jets. with 3/4 inch jet openings. The start up preasure is 28 lbs. will this burn up the pump?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

I built the pool, ***** *****, concept pools, Bob Sandling was my rep in San Antonio and i moved back to Okla. last year. I have built now for 25 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

35 years

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can send a pic of the equipment pad if you need to see it. I have a pool tech here trying to scare my customer. By saying the pump will burn up with this praesure.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 2 days by:
12/22/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition replied 6 months ago
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition

I believe that filter may be small for the GPM rate of pump and the fact that you reduced the plumbing size twice in the run. That pressure is only hlaf of the top end for that filter so you may be ok but the owners would have to keep an eye on pressure once pressure riser over 35 there will be no flow back to pool