Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Geko Spa set-point limit is 104 degrees. I want to raise it…

Customer Question
Geko Spa set-point limit...

Geko Spa set-point limit is 104 degrees. I want to raise it to 105.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Geko in.k200 replacement pack

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Spa works fine except that it is one degree cool for my taste

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 8 months ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

Good morning.

This is a very common question over the years doing service calls. Can you make my hot tub hotter?

Well...sometimes. In your case, however, I am sorry to say the manufacturer has programmed that system to stop @ 104.

For hot tubs to get the prized and necessary UL listing on their product, it cannot go above 104. There has been a couple systems I've worked on that went to 106 on limited years and the Hot Spring line of tubs will go to 108 by not showing the actual temp, only "ut 1,2,3,4" (upper temp).

So, sorry to say you will not be able to raise your temp higher than 104. But...

If your temp sensor is out of calibration slightly, it may not be getting to 104, only showing 104. Anything within 1-2 degrees is acceptable as a good sensor, but we know each degree really does make a difference. 1 or 2 degrees may sound insignificant, but it really does feel much hotter when in it.

Older tubs used a mechanical thermostat and often went as high as 110 or 112 and could be manually adjusted slightly higher or lower. You have a electronic system programmed to not exceed a set temp of 104 and so, it cannot go higher.

I would get a good thermometer and test the actual water temp compared to the displayed temp. It is possible if you have several, like on a service van, that 1 will ohm out slightly off and heat to 105...maybe 106, but show still 104. If your actual temp is below 103, you may want to try another temp sensor.

I am sorry I don't have a solution to solve your problem, only an answer to your question.

I do have a tip that may help though. Before using the tub, turn the jets on high speed and close the cover. Run them for 10 minutes or longer, then get in. The temp will slowly go back to the 104, but the pumps will raise the initial water temp for you to get into. You can raise the water temp quite a bit this way and when you get in it will give you that little shin burn to enjoy first getting in.

I hope this answers your question thoroughly. If so, please leave a kind rating so I will be paid for my time. Just reply if you still have questions.

Thank you.

Standing by.

I was afraid that it might be that kind of problem. Thanks

Yes, unfortunately that's the case.

Have I answered your question?

Standing by.