Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a blue ridge hot tub its calling the ps1 code the…

Customer Question
I have a blue ridge...
I have a blue ridge hot tub its calling the ps1 code the circulation or heater won't come on I put a new circulation pump what could be wrong
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
what do you think the problem is
Answered in 1 day by:
12/18/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 4 months ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

Good morning,

I would suspect a bad pressure switch. The switch must be open on startup and closed after the circulation begins flowing after startup.

The pressure switch is inside the heater housing installed into the heater body. It will have it's own cord coming off the heater and connects to the board or plugs into the control box.

Try disconnecting the pressure switch and resetting the power and starting the tub up fresh. If the switch is stuck closed or adjusted closed, it should allow the circ pump to come on. You will either get a new error code showing the switch "open" or not, but the heater will not operate with the switch disconnected.

If you are positive the circ pump is flowing now, reconnect it and see if it heats.

Please update me on what happens. Thank you.

Standing by.

I jumped the pressure switch with a wire and still nothing but I will try just unplugging it and see what happens after work today and I'll let you know thank you

Okay.

TTYS

Standing by

Nothing happened its clicking still calling the code ps1 or p51 I can turn the big pumps on but nothing from circulation pump or heater the heater has 240 going to it I checked the circuit board where the circulation pump goes it has 240 till it clicks then there is nothing

If there's 240v at the circ pump...is the new circulation pump a 240v pump? Most circ pumps are 120v, that's why I ask. Please double check that.

If the pump model is correct, I still suspect the pressure switch at this point.

Please remove the wires from the pressure switch and tape the ends together.

Unplug the pressure switch connection from the board/control box, the circ pump should flow on startup for a short period before getting any error. Please confirm that. This is an "open switch" situation. You need an open pressure switch to tell the system it's okay to startup on many systems.

If the circ pump begins to flow, plug the "jumped" switch connection back in to tell the board the switch has "closed" and everything is okay.

You should have heat at this point. If you follow my steps exactly, and the system still seems to work, replace the pressure switch.

If it still errors out...you probably have a bad system. We can troubleshoot further if necessary.

The pressure switch is a simple but important element and must function perfectly for the tub to operate.

Remember....it must be "open" when the circ is off and "closed" when the circ pump is flowing. If you have any doubt that the switch is bad, replace it.

Standing by.

TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy