Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Helllo. Seems your very 1st post on your website, "Lifesmart…

Customer Question
Seems your very 1st...

Seems your very 1st post on your website, "Lifesmart Bermuda hot tub is having some problems" is exactely what I'm experiencing

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

Lifesmart Bermuda model and as mentioned previously the symptoms were experiencing are the same as your post page regarding this model. post by Kimmie

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Error codes when 1st plugged in are r2 & LL1

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 7 months ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

Hello.

If you would like to talk live, please request a call and I will call you.

What you are describing is odd and not any usual error messages for Balboa controls. I suspect you have an issue in the topside, board, or the connection in between.

Try unplugging your topside control from the circuit board then unplug the tub. Now plug the topside control back into the board and plug the tub back in.

Did anything change?

Really check over the topside cable for any defects, damage...ect.

If nothing changes and you do not find any damage on the cable and the plug looks good, try this:

Unplug the tub. Remove the topside control from the circuit board. Now plug the tub back in with the control unplugged and wait about 10 min. Does the tub come on and run?

Standing by.

Hey there guy ...Tried all of those scenerios and nothing new.
after the system is freshly plugged in it all runs seemingly normal for 30 seconds then kicks off
Bought the hot tub new, and was cheap, aware of that. do these computer boards frequently go tits up? No worries I can buy another online, get it running a quickly sell the tub. Again, no worries ... time is money to me.
Tried again and now the topside controller displays r2
How about a 219 code once plugged back in?
Am I wasting my time here or is the next play .... be slow here text responding so I'll now be motivated to call for an additional $24.00? I can very easily make posts regarding the websites performance, you've only clipped me off for $30.00 now.
Time 1:52 EST

Sorry, I had to be unavailable for a couple hours.

If you do not wish to continue, I can opt out. Please let me know.

Did you try operating the tub with the topside completely removed from the board? Many Balboa systems run on a sort of auto pilot without the topside. I am trying to determine which part of your system is bad. Unfortunately, it is likely a bad topside or circuit board.

Does the topside appear damaged or defective? How about the topside's cable?

Standing by.

it ran for a little bit then shut down
Ending this session

I am typing a reply. Do you wish to continue?

No, this just isn't working

I am sorry this is not working out. This is quite different than an actual service call. If you change your mind and wish to continue, just reply.

Have a nice day.