Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I just had a Hayward H400FDP pool heater installed and it…

Customer Question
I just had a...

I just had a Hayward H400FDP pool heater installed and it tries to fire up and ignite but won't, what could be the possible problem? The propane is hooked up

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

Im not sure, does it matter?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i can if it is a possible fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cant think of anything except that the LO message comes on also

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
12/15/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

An LO is an open limit circuit. Here's a link to the manual. The possible culprits are listed on page 54. The parts blow up on page 59 will locate these devices
http://www.hayward-pool.com/assets/documents/pools/pdf/manuals/universal-h-series-installations-manual.pdf