Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My filter makes a percolating or gurgling sound like air is…

Customer Question
My filter makes a...

My filter makes a percolating or gurgling sound like air is getting in

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We it seems ike its gotten a little worse but it has always done it sinc I bought the house four years ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure probably

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can say this on two occasions the pool guy left the trap lid on loosely and the pump overheated just like this past tuesday, the last time the heat built up and created pipe joints to fail. I think I need to fire him

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

??? its probably 30 years old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
12/14/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your pool filter and pump question. On behalf of Just Answer, I do apologize for the extended wait time you’ve experienced without an expert responding to your question. Now that I am logged on, please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

T​he gurgling sound is usually from air being drawn into the pump after the pump has pushed some water. The best way to correct this is to remove the air from the filter so the pump only has water to circulate. Many filters have air release valves on or near the pressure gauge, however many do not. If you do not have one I highly recommend installing one so you can correct this problem and save the pump from overheating.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 14, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 6 months ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 5 months ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 4 months ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 3 months ago

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 2 months ago

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 1 month ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave