Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Have an older Vita hottub that is not maintaining proper…

Customer Question
Have an older Vita...

Have an older Vita hottub that is not maintaining proper temps

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

I have an operating manuel and the only thing I see is DM Industries, Miami Florida

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I already replaced the heating element a month ago....worked good for a couple of weeks and started acting up afterwards. Temp will only reach 75 degrees now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 day by:
12/15/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Cole, Salesman replied 4 months ago
Cole
Cole, Salesman

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about spas and I think I can help. I would tend to think you have a thermostat problem. do you know where the thermostat is located. its usually inserted into the element tube. the tube will usually have to probes going to it.. ones a high limit and ones the thermostat. there are also other styles but this is the most common. if you are unsure you could send me a picture of your control pack/heating unit..

also if this has the two probes coming from circuit board to this heating element tube one thing i like to do is remove both sensors off the board and clean the terminals up some.... sometimes that's all it takes.. otherwise we probably have a bad thermostat and if its the two sensor setup they usually want you to replace both the hi limit and the thermostat. let me know and i can walk you through it... if you have pictures of control unit along with make,model and serial. ill be glad to help

Thanks for your reply! I will remove the access panel and send some pics. Hopefully it warms up weather wise!
Hi ...I removed the access panel today and took some pics. I did check the terminals from the heater and they look ok. Note I had not reconnected the heater wires before taking pics! I am not sure about the thermostat etc.Lee
B4AE631F-D614-48F4-B9D2...jpegB4AE63...jpeg9B8E14BF-E2AA-4AF0-8D4E...jpeg9B8E14...jpegACA76D11-0CF7-414E-8D3B...jpegACA76D...jpeg5018E617-494F-4551-A9C0...jpeg5018E6...jpeg99F03358-4D79-4523-8F02...jpeg99F033...jpeg
I started the spa back up after sending pics to you and it seems to be heating..highest temp had been 74 and only in short time it is 94! Did I mentioned that I put in a new heating core a couple months ago?Lee
Just got out of tub...it heated up to 102 with no problem. Will see tomorrow if it holds temp.
Well the tub worked ok for a few days and then went back to not heating up to desired temperature! Not sure what to do next??
poolguy810
poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company