Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

The screen shows FLO2 and nothing else works. It just

Customer Question
The screen shows FLO2...

The screen shows FLO2 and nothing else works

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just started last week, I bought a new filter thinking that might work.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have had the tub for about 8 years and have replaced the circuit board once about 5 years ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
12/13/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Home Guru, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have the model number off the tag on the frame edge of the unit?

OPTIMA

FLO2-CLOSED OR SHORTED FLOW SWITCH ON SYSTEM START-UP (system disabled)
The flow switch is non-functional. (The flow switch when the spa is off should be "open" and when the spa turns on it should "close" the switch, from the water flow). The circuit board needs to sense that the switch is open upon start-up, not closed. You need to know you have the switch pointed in the proper direction in the pipe to be able to detect water flow. The open switch is necessary it is designed to prevent spa owners that might try to defeat the flow switch by creating a constant closed switch, such as cutting the switch wire and twisting the wires together to close the switch, this is why the board needs to sense that the switch is always open upon start-up. So you may need a new flow switch on the unit if it is bad.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Home Guru
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman