Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I am trying to trouble shoot my jacazzi hot tub. Jacuzzi?

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to trouble shoot my jacazzi hot tub

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

Jacuzzi?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes and i have it apart right now. everything is running good. i am new to this. i pick it up yesterday and i was tould the heater is out. how can i test it?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to test the heater

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/4/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Cole, Salesman replied 7 months ago
Cole
Cole, Salesman

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about spas and I think I can help. I can run you through how to test the element if you would like. do you have a multi-meter you can use?

I do.

ok so first test i would do is either voltage to the element or the continuity through the element...... is your element 220 volts? if so its usually pretty quick to test each leg going to the element to ground. you should have 110 volts to each side (if its 220 volt element) if you have 110 to each for a total of 220 volts going right to your element and its not heating than your element is bad...... if you want to check the element its self than what you do is ( with power off to tub) pull both wires off the element and test for ohms from one lead to the other.... you should have ohm's.. if you do not than your element is dead...... so to back up a little if you test and your only getting 110 volts to one side of the element than i will walk you through how to test the other incoming devices that can stop you from getting your other 110 leg.... i hope this helps. we will get it figured out....have a good day...