Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

How can I turn up heat on my spa? Oh, sorry, Saratoga. If…

Customer Question
How can I turn...

How can I turn up heat on my spa?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Oh, sorry, Saratoga

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If not too difficult

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Im not very good at this sort of thing but the 104 just isn't enough for my aching bones

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
12/2/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your specific question. Please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

I understand completely about wanting more heat for sore muscles, bones, and joints. Unfortunately spa makers have safety limitations built into their spas and the max temperature is right at 104* (they don't want people passing out from higher temperatures). You may be able to increase the setting a tad more providing all the equipment is working properly. The best way to know for sure is to use a pool and spa floating thermometer to verify the water temperature. If it matches the indicated temperature on the controller, then you know that the equipment is working properly. If not then you will need to contact a trusted spa person to determine what isn't working properly. Many times heaters get older and don't quite get the water hot enough.

If you are able to increase the temperature a little bit more, be careful not to overheat the spa and force a system lockout and shut down. When that happens the heater will be disabled and then the water will cool down to around 85* before the heater will be allowed to come on.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?