Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Have 2 weil mclain ultra 310 boilers for pool heating,they…

Customer Question
Have 2 weil mclain...

Have 2 weil mclain ultra 310 boilers for pool heating,they cycling on and off (climbing to 186f and then shut off-idle till 136f and then repeat) while there is a call for heat and dropping pool water temp.Used to climb to 180 and run until set temp was reached and shut off (idle) until there was call for heat again. This started happening after last regular maintenance visit. I spoke with the technician and he is telling me that he hasn't changed anything? Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

All filters are clean and pump is running properly. Thermostat is functioning fine also. (tried different temperatures settings but boilers still acting the same way)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its settings then yes, i do not touch gas lines and or electrical equipment inside the boilers .

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
12/3/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, something is wrong with the temperature ranges, 136F will scald most people... if those are the actual temperature settings then that is the problem.... because the 180F is immediately diluted by the pool water... its not a problem, but the 135F is way hotter than the any pool should operate, spa's can run hotter thoug

Please tell me what the settings actually are and what the pool water temperature is.