Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

E90 keeps coming up after 1/2 min. of circulating. For

Customer Question
E90 keeps coming up...

E90 keeps coming up after 1/2 min. of circulating.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For several months. I’ve drained the tub and used a shop vac in blowing mode & sucking mode. All seems clear, but after refilling the tub, I get the E90 in less than a minute, & of course, circulating ceases.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

We’ll, if the circulTion & heating mode keeps stopping & the E90 code appears, the tub is worthless.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just let me know what needs to be done to correct E90.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/29/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 4 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Here is some insight to the E90 error code. Unfortunately Intex is useless for troubleshooting and other spa owners have had the same problem code and found solutions listed below.

If these don't help you, let me know and I will continue looking.

javascript:void(0);location.href='FaqSupportServlet?action=getDoc&DocKey=4456&CrtLog=2015-01-19 15:13:37&FileName=Spa E90 Troubleshooting.pdf'

While cleaning and dumping the spa i knocked the pump system over, this jar knocked the impeller out of its bearing gasket which prevented it from working. The motor is on the bottom of the system with easy access. 3 screws for the motor and guard and 5 to open the impeller chamber.

I looked up that code and it seems to indicate that you may have an airlock. WHen I get them in my spa, I unscrew a relief valve on the impeller to let the air out and it clears up in a few seconds. I do not know what your impeller looks like, but if you can find a way to let air out then you can probably solve the problem.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

Is there definitely a relief valve with the index pure spa unit?

T​hey do show one in the manual however not all spa's are created equal. The only way to know 100% is to look at the plumbing and see if you have one. It will usually be a hose or fitting sticking out with nothing connected to one end. If you find something like that and are not sure, upload a photo and so I can review it.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on November 29, and December 03, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would appreciate a reply from you so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

poolguy810
poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company