Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a J-350 and keep getting Flo2, the only way to clear…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a J-350 and...
I have a J-350 and keep getting Flo2, the only way to clear this is twist the switch 180 degrees, then I get a FLO and then twist it back and the heater comes on? I have replaced this awhile go about 2yrs and now its back?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/28/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 8 months ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

Hello.

The FLO2 error is a stuck, closed, or bad switch on start up. In FLO2 mode the system will not heat until the error is cleared. You are clearing that error by rotating the switch. The switch arm on the flow switch is now being pushed away from the switch arm and opening the circuit. When you rotate it back, it opens and you get FLO error because it isn't aligned yet. Once aligned properly it works again.

You either have debris on the switch or a bad switch.

Some tubs have a clear flow switch T you can see in and some do not. If you can view it through a clear T, determine if there is debris caught on the switch or not...otherwise you will have to remove the switch to check. If the switch does NOT have debris on it, replace it.

If you have any further questions just reply and we can continue.

Thank you.

I ordered a new switch today and will see what happens

Okay.

I think that will solve your problem.

Just a reminder: Be gentle installing it so not to bend the metal arm on the new switch and be sure it's aligned with the arrow. Good luck. Please update me on the results. We can troubleshoot further if necessary.

Thank you

TTYS

If I jump the switch out on startup it also throws that error? Is that normal. I cut the wires and just tied them both together

Yes. Twisting the wires together is "closing" the circuit. On startup this will give a FLO2 error.

If you untwist the wire to "open" the circuit on startup, then after a few moments twist them together to "close" the circuit, it should operate as if the switch is functioning.

it works then, usually over night I will get the error. This morning it was on flo and then went on this after noon and back to Flo this evening. After I reset the breaker it jumps to flo2
I also ordered a new pump also because I don’t want to be messing with this when it’s zero outside

Okay. I understand. A bad circ pump can certainly cause a FLO error, however, it will not cause a FLO2 error. Only a stuck or bad flow switch will throw a FLO2 error. Maybe you have combo problem...glitchy/bad flow switch and a circ pump issue.

Also, please be sure the water level is above the filters and the filters are clean.

Let me know what happens. Remember to refill with the hose in the filter compartment so the circ pump primes on startup.

Good luck

Standing by.

Yeah I did that and also ordered two new filters, so I will see what happens. I have the wires tied together to bypass the switch, just to see what happens

I think you got this. Swap out the switch, filters, and circ. That should resolve the issue.

TTYS

Do you have a place where you buy all your parts and pumps from?

Yes, but they are wholesalers.

http://www.spaandpoolsource.com/ probably has many of the same parts you need. Sundance and Jacuzzi used many of the same parts.

Hello. Any luck with the new parts?

Standing by.

The flow switch did not come in yet, but with the switch jumped out, it just went into flow?

Update me once the flow switch is replaced. The switch circuit must open and close when supposed to. Leaving it jumped is only a temp. solution. If the switch is installed and working correctly and you still are getting a flo or flo2 error, recheck that the circ. pump flow is sufficient to operate the switch. Clogged/missing filter and low water level can cause a flow issue, also. If all that does not solve the issue, you may have a bad board...specifically a bad flow switch circuit.

I think the new switch will solve your issue.

TTYS

Standing by.