Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Put in a new pump for my hot tub and I hear a click sound…

Customer Question
Put in a new...

Put in a new pump for my hot tub and I hear a click sound but it doesn't come on

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

Viking spas

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My second pump works fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/28/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition replied 7 months ago
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition

You need to test voltage at the back of the motor where plug wires go into motor, if you have 220 volts across the two hot leads then the motor is defective. If you have no voltage then you need to check the circuit board relay to see if the board is sending voltage out. The click you hear is the relay closing and it should be sending power out to motor.