Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Im not sure. Let me throw this at you. Have a spa with motor…

Customer Question
Im not sure. Let...

Im not sure. Let me throw this at you. Have a spa with motor 5KCRUN2842CX. some one gave or at least he has a 5CRJ39UNY051AX CAN THEY BE SWAPPED?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Calspa

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yeah

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats it if i will not work what motor would be best cost effective.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/25/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your specific question. Please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

If the motors are the size RPM, same voltage, same HP, same Amperage, you should be able to use it unless there are some other features built into the motor like dual speeds or something specific to the spa. As for a cost effective option you would need to cross reference the recommended replacement motor and shop around for availability and price with tax and shipping.

1 you all double billed me $5 is now like $60? Ans thank you that was little to no help. I can not find anything on the one motor so i am not able to cross reference that is why i was willing to pay for an answer that i did not get.
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 7 months ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

If you are still looking for help with your motor question and get the billing straightened out, please reply and I will try to help you. You will not find any cross referencing of those GE motor/pumps. There were so many styles, models, oems, ect that it's impossible to tell by the numbers.

I'm curious of the hot brand/model/yr you're working on. It may be helpful.

If you wish to continue I can help you, however, you just to need to help me out with a couple pics.

I will need pics of both pumps full side view so I can compare pump/motor style and size.

I will need pics of both labels on the side of each motor with all the technical info. This will tell me if they are comparable in hp, amps,speeds, and voltage.

If you can provide those pics so I can get my eyes on them, I will tell you if they will swap. If they will not, I will locate you a replacement pump that will.

Standing by.