Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I HAVE A MARQUIS LZM2U HOT TUB AND PUT A NEW PUMP ON. NOW…

Customer Question
I HAVE A MARQUIS...

I HAVE A MARQUIS LZM2U HOT TUB AND PUT A NEW PUMP ON. NOW THAT IT IS HOOKED UP AND PUSH THE JET BUTTON TO RUN, ALL YOU HEAR IS A CLICK.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

2007

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

MARQUIS YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I ORDERED THE PUMP FROM ACURA SPA SYSTEMS

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 8 months ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

Hello.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. If the new motor is the same voltage/speeds as the previous motor, then:

You may have a wiring issue on the new motor or

You may have the cord plugged into the wrong receptacle on the control box or circuit board or

You may have a bad pump fuse.

Double check the pump cord is plugged into the correct receptacle. If you suspect a bad fuse, there may be (2) 25amp or 30amp fuses on the circuit board...1 for each pump. If so, just swap the fuses in the fuse holders and try it again. If it works, just replace the bad fuse now in the opposite fuse holder. Pump fuses are about the size of a cigarette butt and usually orange, blue, or green. Turn the power of when doing this.

You or I can initiate a phone call offer, a live conversation will be much easier and faster. We can schedule a call to talk when you are available to do some troubleshooting. Or we can stay in this format if you wish.

Please check the things I mentioned and let me know if they helped. If not we can continue until the issue is resolved and the pump is working. Thank you.

Standing by.

Please send me any pictures that you feel may be helpful. Pictures allow me to see what equipment you have and how the new motor is wired. Often they are literally worth a thousand words.

Thank you.

I have connected into the correct spot in the circuit/heater board. I did see the fuse and will try that. It is now dark and will try tomorrow.

Yes it is getting late. Check the fuse and let me know if that works. Please send pics of anything that may be helpful.

I'll be available in the morning and most of day tomorrow.

Good night ttys.