Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I just had a Tropic Spa Artesian Rio 751L installed. After…

Customer Question
I just had a...

I just had a Tropic Spa Artesian Rio 751L installed. After the electrical connection was hooked up, I tested out the spa's operation. Everything works fine, except Jets #1 only clicks, but does not pump. Any thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Tropic Spa is the brand, I think.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really. I have opened up the pump bleeder plugs, figuring that I had some sort of air lock - but that didn't work.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/24/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your specific question. Please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

You might try looking to see if you have the proper voltage coming into the spa (either 120v or 240v) if that is correct look for tripped breakers or GFCI's some spas have 2 GFCI's built into them. Make sure no blown fuses, and make sure your control board jumper wire is placed correctly (some have been set for 120v instead of 240v and vice versa). If all these check out you will need to ensure you have the correct voltage to the pumps and heater. The issue may then be a circuit board related problem.

Short of getting an electrons back out here, that doesn’t help me much. Thanks anyway. ��

S​orry that I was not helpful in suggesting an easier solution, however these are the first steps to determine what may be causing the problem and an electrician is going to check the same things. If you would like to contact customer service for a refund, just let me know otherwise I can continue trying to help you once you have verified you have the correct voltages.

I checked with the local dealer said that my problem is, most likely, due to air in the pump that needs to be bled off. It will cost me a service call, but hopefully will solve the problem. Go ahead and forward my request for a refund to customer service.