Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a Hotspring spa with an IQ 2020 control board and the…

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a Hotspring spa with an IQ 2020 control board and the control screen keeps rebooting about every minute and only the small circulation pump runs.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Hotspring

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The screen seems to reboot right when it tries to run anything else.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 day by:
11/25/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 7 months ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

Hello. Can you tell the model/yr of your Hot Springs tub and go into more detail of your problem? Does it act like it would if you were to power it off and on, or does the screen seem glitchy only when pressing buttons? Do the jets work at all? Is the tub heating correctly? Anything you can add will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Standing by.

It is a Hotspring Limelite Flair 2017. It acts like it’s being powered on when the screen reboots. I did some further troubleshooting and I found that if I disconnect the ACE salt water plug from the IQ2020 control board it stops rebooting and the jets and heater seem to work.

Thank you. I seems you have found the explanation for the problem. There is some issue in the ACE system or control system causing the malfunction. Being a 2017 model I would contact the dealer for warranty service. Is there a reason you have not? This tub is new and should be under warranty along with the ACE system which should last 2-3 yrs at least.

You spent a lot of money on the tub and that salt system and you should make the dealer take care of it. If there is an issue with the ACE system causing what you are experiencing, I am personally unfamiliar with any. The dealer may have a solution or be aware (of course never admitting it) of this issue and have a solution that is under warranty.

I would try turning off the power for a couple minutes, reconnect the ACE to the IQ board and power up the tub again. If still glitchy, I would leave it disconnected in the meantime. You paid for a warranty and I would recommend that you use it. That's the best answer I can give you with such a new spa. I wish I could more helpful.

Ok thanks. I already have a call to the dealer but they won’t make it out until Wednesday so was trying to figure something out in the mean time over a long weekend. Thanks again.

I am glad to hear that. If my suggestion does not help, just leave it disconnected temporarily until Hot Springs comes out. If there is a problem in these units or compatibility with your control system, they will have seen it and have a solution.

I don't think there is a simple fix in this format for your issue. I suspect something is getting replaced.

Have a nice weekend and good luck Wednesday.