Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a sundance spa model Camden the temp is set at 100…

Customer Question
I have a sundance...

I have a sundance spa model Camden the temp is set at 100 but it overheats to 108 with a flo2 err

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Is it not by sundance Camden Model and the erial is OCD3LXD-100269220-0307

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No but I do have a multimeter handy to check whatever I need to

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/24/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your specific question. Please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

Basically the FLO2 error is for;

Flow – short circuit/closed circuit; pressure/flow switch

If you can bypass the flow switch and the error goes away, then the flow switch is bad, if not then the problem may be either air trapped in the system or the heater high and low sensors are not agreeing with each other. The best way is to bypass sensors and see if you get improvement. If so then that is the area to isolate and troubleshoot further. I would make sure that no air is anywhere in the system before bypassing anything. It could also be an electrical problem on the control panel or circuit board.

I tested the pressure switch with the hot tub off and showed it was an open circuit then I turned it on and had a closed circuit with only the small pump on it also had closed circuit with the main pump running

Ok so I would bypass the switch and run the spa and see if the error goes away. If so bad switch

ill try it I'm just having a hard time understanding how a bad switch would make the hot tub overheat

C​omputer systems and micro circuitry are the major components of spas. Not sure how the switch causes this error, but if it is the problem that is the way to resolve it. Spa's are big headaches when it comes to troubleshooting.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on November 24, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 6 months ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

W​ere you able to get the hot tub working properly or do you still need assistance? Please advise.

Thanks

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 5 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 4 months ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is more than 90 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 3 months ago

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 2 months ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 1 month ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 26 days ago

Greetings...

Thanks,

Dave