Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have been going through your Q&As and I own a 2011

Customer Question
I have been going...

I have been going through your Q&As and I own a 2011 Sundance Maxxus and we moved it and refilled it and had a flo2 error message...bypassed the flow switch as directed in another post on this site and now the pumps turn on but I am getting a flo error message and the heater will not turn on which I need it to do before things start to freeze

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

Its a 2011.....no on the error message

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Going to try before I get assistanc

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/23/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 6 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Since you mentioned the spa was recently filled chances are you have air trapped in the system that is causing the error messages. If you bypassed the sensors and the message remains, the sensors are most likely working properly. I would also make sure you do not have a tripped breaker or GFCI's since your heater is also not working. The best way to check for proper voltage or any problems within the circuits is to use a voltage tester. This will help isolate the problems so you can better troubleshoot what is causing the error messages.

I bled both pumps via the manufacturers procedures...I have a multimeter...where should I start?

A​t the main control point where the wiring comes into the spa. You should have 240v coming in across each leg and 120v to ground from each leg. If you have voltage there then the heater is the next place to check for 240v

Ok...i will check it out...will have to get ready for thanksgiving with the family...and will get back to it tomorrow...so have a good night and i will reply tomorrow

Enjoy the time with your family, chat later.

Morning...I am back at it...I have 240V acroos the legs...120V at each leg but I do not have any voltage going to the heater

O​k then the circuit has a problem there. Either fuse, wiring, relay, bad board, bad controller, etc. It is going to require further diagnosing that you might be able to do or you will need to have a qualified service provider test it onsite.

isnt the flo error I am getting causing the heater not to kick on...should we try to find what is causing the error message?

T​he only recommendation is a process of elimination. Bypassing specific sensors that typically are causing the problem will narrow down what is causing the error. It is a time consuming process.

you still with me David?

yes I replied

I did not get a reply for the flo error message I sent....did you get it?
This is what I sent:
so isnt the flo error I am getting causing the heater not to kick on...should we try to find what is causing the error message?

Y​es my reply was T​he only recommendation is a process of elimination. Bypassing specific sensors that typically are causing the problem will narrow down what is causing the error. It is a time consuming process.

sorry...didn't get that
Ok.....lets do it....where di we start

Y​ou also have no power to your heater and need to determine what is preventing it from coming on. It could be an electrical issue or a switch not closing

I am ready for your instruction

A​s I indicated it is a process of elimination and time consuming. If you follow each wire it will lead to a sensor or switch. Bypassing these one at a time will help to determine what is causing the problem.

understand...I am ready

U​nfortunately I am not able to guide you step by step from my laptop, I can only give you guidance on what is the probable cause and solutions. You will need to do a majority of this work and my recommendations are to make notes and take photos along the way. Start with the obvious and work from there. This is the same thing a service tech will do. The only difference is they have more experience and can usually isolate a problem in shorter time.

F​ind out what is working properly and what isn't. You can narrow down the problem in shorter time. If you have 220v to the pumps but not the heater, then the problem is on the heater circuit not the main circuit for 220v. Those are the things to check. The control board has many small electronic parts and a few relays. If you are not getting voltage to the heater it will need to be traced out. Once you have a reasonable conclusion we can discuss further what to do.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on November 24, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 5 months ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

W​ere you able to get the hot tub working properly or do you still need assistance? Please advise.

Thanks

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 4 months ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is almost 90 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave