Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My pool Aqualink RS8 is giving me the message “water sensor…

Customer Question
My pool Aqualink RS8...

My pool Aqualink RS8 is giving me the message “water sensor shorted”. I tried the web links your Pool technician suggested in 2014 but they now come up with “ERROR 404 not FOund”. I’m fairly handy. Can i fix this?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

Paddock, i believe. Pool is roughly 20 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The Aqualink system is functioning well be is as old as the pool except for a new board put in 4 years ago. Otherwise, no problems with it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/23/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: James Inch,
 replied 8 months ago
James Inch
Is this a salt water pool and the chlorinator your referring to as showing the error?
No,this is not a salt pool. Just a standard pool chlorinated with a floater. UC checked the white from the temperature Guage to the control box and it appears sound, no short or line without insulation . My next step will be to buy and fit a new Guage. The current Guage is about 4 years old.