Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a balboa 500z. diagnostic code is LF. A few days.

Customer Question
I have a balboa...

I have a balboa 500z. diagnostic code is LF

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No jets are not pushing water out very well maybe at 20 %

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/23/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 5 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

T​he LF error code is a Low Flow message, meaning the problem is the flow sensor itself, the pumps not circulating the water properly, or you have air trapped in the system.

if there is air trapped in the system how do I get it out?

T​here are a couple of ways and it may need to be repeated a few times. You can remove the filters and insert a garden hose with a rag wrapped around it to prevent blowback, or crack open a quick fitting if you do not have an air relief valve installed. To help prevent air in the system when filling it is best to fill from the filter ports so the air is pushed out not drawn in which happens when filling from the tub.

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 4 months ago

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 3 months ago

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on November 23, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 2 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 1 month ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is over 90 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 25 days ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified