Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

We have a hot spot re z no heat pump runs when i turn temp…

Customer Question
We have a hot...

We have a hot spot re z no heat pump runs when i turn temp up 104 display says u1 u2 u3 flo

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Started now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/21/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 7 months ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

Hello.

Can you please tell me the year of your Hot Spot? The serial number may be helpful if uncertain, it will be on a sticker inside the equipment compartment. Usually on the side wall inside there.

The U1, U3 ect...are upper temp settings. U1 is 105 U2 is 106 ect. it should go to 108. Hot Spot's way of getting around the 104 limit set by UL listing.

The flo error is likely a pump flow problem, filter clogged, or bad pressure switch. I can help you with that if you wish.

Do the jets work with the pump on? Will the pump cycle low/high speeds?

Standing by.