Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I am trying to diagnose a flow problem with my hot tub. all…

Customer Question
HI, Contractor's Assistant: Hi...

HI,

Contractor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I am trying to diagnose a flow problem with my hot tub. all Jets are working. I changed the flow switch and still nothing. When I bypass the switch the heater comes on. CAnt figure it out.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

Jacuzzi 2005 j335

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am trying to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I tested the board and i am getting 220 volts in the connections

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/20/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 8 months ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

Good morning,

I'll try to help you solve your heating issue.

On your model the jets have nothing to do with heating, only for jets. Your model uses a dedicated smaller circulation pump for heating. Jumping or bypassing the flow switch will fool the board and allow the heater to come on. You possibly have poor or no flow through the heater from this pump or you have a bad/clogged flow switch. The circulation is kind of hidden...usually behind the control box out of sight.

Couple questions to help me:

When you bypass the switch and the heater comes on...does it heat okay and not go into a hi-limit error? Do you hear the water in the heater boil or sizzle?

Did the tub work fine until a new refill? Did you just refill it and now have an issue?

Are the filters clean? 1 is dedicated strictly for this circulation pump.

I'll wait for your reply and will answer asap.

Thank you.