Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I just installed a hot tub with two gecko pumps. pump 1

Customer Question
I just installed a...

I just installed a hot tub with two gecko pumps. pump 1 works and jets on left side work, but pump 2 just makes a clicking sound when turned on. gecko control panel gives a flow sensor warning.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

Futura spas

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

At the moment anyway

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats pretty much it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 3 days by:
11/21/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 7 months ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

Hello. I will do my best to help you with your pump/flo problem. Are you still having your issue with your hot tub? If so, please respond and please add any additional info that may be helpful.

Is this a brand new hot tub?

Standing by.

it is brand new

Okay thank you.

Do you know the make/model and is it a 2017 model?

Did you get it completely assembled and ready to fill? Has anyone opened the control box and plugged/unplugged/moved any of the equipment cords from where they were originally plugged in? Anything like that at all?

Is the tub full and ready to power up?

Standing by.

Does the motor that clicks run and not pump or is there nothing after the click?

There is nothing after the click

When you activate the pumps does the indicator light light up at the jet buttons?

Is pump 1 working in low and high speeds?

Is this something Futura Spas should cover under warranty?

At this point you will need to access the equipment compartment by removing a panel. Either the pump that clicks is not working (fuse/not plugged in) or it's running very quietly and not primed and pumping. Also, pump 1 should be enabling the the tub to heat, eliminating the flo error.

Is that something you are comfortable with. You may have open the control box to check a fuse or connections.

Standing by

I recommend you contact Futura Spas and have them send a service tech to assist you. You may have a simple issue with cord unplugged, fuse, or a programming issue with the control system not allowing pump 2 to function. Being a new unit and not being able to see it or work on in person, I am a little uncomfortable proceeding. I hope you understand. I am going to opt out and wish you best and a happy Thanksgiving. I am sorry for your trouble.

Here is their contact info. If you bought from a dealer I would contact them.

If you need help with product information, installation assistance, or need replacement parts please call our consumer hotline or email us at: 1-***-***-*******@******.*** www.futuraspas.com/support