Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I just finished hooking up a tiger River model m. No

I just finished hooking...

I just finished hooking up a tiger River model m. No Heating, so I made sure it was calling for heat, then checked the smaller left hand board for 240 volts to the heating element but nothing. The main board light for heater is also off. I owned the heater at 9 and a half. I'm thinking it's the small board.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just the last few hours. This spot was given to a friend and I ran power to it and filled it up and have been testing it for proper function.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

***spa

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, I do heating and air and electrical for a living.

Answered in 2 days by:
11/20/2017
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.

Good morning,

I'll try to help you with your heating issue. Please don't buy a heater board at this point.

Couple questions to help me help you:

What is the serial number of your tub? It should be on a sticker inside the equipment compartment usually on side walls...begins with M

Is the red power light on the control panel flashing?

If you do NOT have a control panel with a dial...Is the green, red, or green and red light flashing?

Do you see or feel water flowing through the circulation pump?

Sorry for the questions but you have to be my eyes and hands. I'll reply back asap.

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I had other work to handle and the customer reported the system to be Heating and so I dropped the matter. However, it stopped Heating after 3 to 5 days.M1H1194 is the model number.I do not see a dial anywhere on the board. Both a green light and a red light for "heater on" were visible.Flow through the circulation pump appeared to be in excess of 10 or perhaps 15 gallons per minute at the output end of the heating assembly.

Older models have a green "ready" light and a red "power" light on the control panel. After that they were on the outside of the cabinet. I think the lights you are describing on the circuit board...that is still helpful.

Is the power light on solid or flashing?

Is the green ready light off on or flashing?

If you send me a clear pic of the heater (small) circuit board I will look closely at it. It will tell if you wired it correctly and if there is a bad spot indicating a burned relay on the heater board.

Basically if the power light is on solid red and the green ready is off, then it should be heating.

Here is a test

Unplug both heater wires from the heater board.

Test for 120v between H1 and ground.

Test for 120v between H2 and ground.

Test between H1 and H2 for 240v

If the voltages are not there, good chance of a bad heater board. IF BAD YOU HAVE A BURNT RELAY OR SOLDER JOINT ON THE BOARD VISIBLE FROM THE BACK.

If you see any bad burnt spots on the heater board or smell burnt at heater board it is probably bad.

If you see a flashing power light or flashing ready light you have another issue.

Send me a pic if you need to look at the heater board to double check it.

I hope I have answered your question thoroughly. Please leave a kind rating if I have explained or helped solve your issue. We can still continue troubleshooting as long as necessary. Thank you.

Standing by.

TheHotTubGuy
I am scheduling a site visit to get the information you requested. Thank you.

Okay. Thank you for the kind rating and bonus, I very much appreciate it.

Just let me know if you need to troubleshoot further. If the board is bad, simply replace it. It will be available from any local Hot Springs dealer or online from many places.

Have a nice and good luck.

Interestingly, when it did not initially Heat after installation, I carried out the check between H1 and ground, H2 and ground, and H1 and H2 and all readings were correct and Normal. Perhaps it malfunctioned due to some other issue which may have reset automatically. However today the readings were wrong and sure enough, there is a burnout behind the relays for H1. So thank you much.
No problem. Have a nice day...thank you again for the kind rating.
55357;�
You're welcome