Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

We just filled and started out new hot tub today. It worked…

Customer Question
We just filled and...

We just filled and started out new hot tub today. It worked perfectly for about 30 minutes, and then the control panel stopped working. We have called for service. In the meantime, when receiving power the tub is heating and the jets are on low. The current temp is 96 degrees, set for 100. The manual says that the jets shut off after 2 hours, but they have not.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

Strong spas

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We are wondering if we should worry about the jets running continuously until the service call. We are also watching to see if the temperature keeps rising past the 100 degree setting. If the temp goes too high, then we will obviously switch off the breaker, but we live in a cool climate where the temperature will be in the high 30's at night this week, and don't want it to freeze.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/16/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist with your spa.

Check the manual to see if your spa has the ability to run in these modes : Standard or Economy.

If you have these modes available, place the spa in Standard Mode, and the pump will run until it reaches the set temp. If you are having the technician arrive in the next day it should be fine having the pump run continuously until then, as this will keep it from potentially freezing.

garrygoeson
garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician