Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Sundance spa. Lock icon(actual lock not LOC) and won't

Sundance spa. Lock icon(actual...

Sundance spa. Lock icon(actual lock not LOC) and won't unlock with display mode and up. Replaced circuit board and same problem persists.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Really? Sundance

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Two circuit boards same problem

11/15/2017
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

The 1st thing to do is make sure you have the correct voltage at the control board. Incorrect voltage will trigger the lockout error. If you have the correct voltage and still have the lockout error, make sure all the connections are not loose. Some of the pins tend to get loose also causing the lockout error.

If that doesn't resolve the problem. Disconnect some of the sensors 1 at a time and see if the error goes away, if so there may be an issue with that sensor that needs further evaluation. Let me know what you find out.

E​arlier today another customer had the same problem and he was able to determine he had the unit wired for 120v instead of 220v, once he corrected that the lockout error went away and his spa ran normal.

Make sure no tripped breakers or GFCI's some units have 2 GFCI's built into the circuitry.

i have two control panels and two circuit board. Regardless of the combination I use I’m getting the lock out code. It has to be my wiring. I don’t have a place in the box for the neutral. The white or neutral goes to the ground in my box.

I​f your system is 240v then you need 2 hots (120v and 120v) from a 2 pole breaker, and a ground wire. No neutral is required unless your system specifically calls for a 4 wire connection (smaller 120v items would require a neutral), but you will also need to verify you have the correct voltage coming into the controls as well as being distributed properly to the components. If you don't have that it will need to be further traced out as to why and what will be required to repair it.

You were right. Breaker was hooker up wrong. I was running 110. As soon as the breaker was fixed it ran fine. Thanks.
Breaker was wired wrong. Ran a test and only had 110 at the tub. Moved some wires and got 220. Hot tub is running great.

Happy to read it is running great...

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Thank you very much for the positive rating, I sincerely ***** ***** If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know,

Best,

Dave