Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

I have questions on a locked control panel for a 2001

Sundance Cameo hot tub. I...
I have questions on a locked control panel for a 2001 Sundance Cameo hot tub. I changed the fuse after not being able to get it powered and now the control panel is locked and I can't get the temp changed or jets working. Followed the sequential order of display,mode,down button within 5 sec and it does not unlock. I do see the mode button changes it from the 2 settings so I know that bottom works.Need help fast, already had one cold night using space heaters to regulate the temp.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/14/2017
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Excellent

The 1st thing to do is make sure you have the correct voltage at the control board. Incorrect voltage will trigger the lockout error. If you have the correct voltage and still have the lockout error, make sure all the connections are not loose. Some of the pins tend to get loose also causing the lockout error.

If that doesn't resolve the problem. Disconnect some of the sensors 1 at a time and see if the error goes away, if so there may be an issue with that sensor that needs further evaluation. Let me know what you find out.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The connections in the mother board seem to he snug. I don't have a voltage meter but what us the proper amount and where would I connect such a meter if I did
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
At the top of my board next to where the control panel is connected has a missing connector woth PH/ORP J8. Could this be sending the error?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Do I remove them one at a time as it is powered?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok. Everything that is already connected are snug. I did remove,replace what I could as for sensors. Similar pin type of connectors.

Not sure on the PH/ORP would need to reference the manual more. You can verify voltage (will need a meter) at the point where the power coms in, most likely 220v then check he board for the same voltage. Be careful as it is high voltage. Also make sure your breakers and GFCI's are not tripped.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Neither the sub panel or main are tripped. Hard wiring components seem to be fine, wish I had a meter to confirm.

Yes you will need to use a voltage meter in order to further troubleshoot the problem.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I place the meter next to where the wire (6-2) comes I to the sensor panel?

Yes, also make sure no fuses are blown and all GFCI's are not tripped. Some systems have 2 installed

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It is reading 121 V at the point where the 6-2 line comes into the control board of hot tub
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
My sub panel has only one 50amp breeaker amd it is not tripped

Is the breaker a 2 pole breaker (240v) if so then you have 1 leg not giving any voltage and will need to be traced out.

I will be away for a few hours but will return later.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Me too but quickly the breaker in my main panel in the house is a 2 pole,50W. This has been repkaced. If one keg isnt working, what would be the step to rectify it
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The white line isnt giving the 120v. From the house it is correct chedcking sub panel now
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
You were right. The neutral was not 120v, placed it in another terminal in sub panel and it is running. Thanks for the guidancd
Great happy to read you have located the problem hopefully no more issues

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you greatly, your involvement took my understanding of the "circuit "to another level. I won't hesitate to use you again.

Thank you very much for the kind words and positive rating, I sincerely ***** ***** both. If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know,

Best,

Dave

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Unfortunately, my excitement was short lived. Came home to a cold tub and not power on the hot tub. Illncheck voltage tomorrow on the fuse. Ttyl

Ok so that may be a different issue caused by a heater circuit or sensor not reading correctly that shut the heater off.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok but it shut down the entire control panel. No electricity once again

Sounds like you have some other issue going on that is causing the system to shut down, perhaps the heater is exceeding its temperature limits (possibly from air trapped in the system) and placed the spa into "watchdog mode". One of the easiest ways to know this is to disconnect the heater and see if the system still shuts down, if so the problem is elsewhere and will need to be traced out further through a process of elimination. Sensors, pumps, Ozone, etc, until the issue is no longer present. Spas can be a real headache to figure out, however there is usually error codes displayed to help isolate the problems.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I'm away from it today but I may be back to out later
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I will be away from the hot tub today, best case scenario I would only have s few moments to work on it. Tomorrow will likely be the next day workng on it. Ill check in when i do

Ok let me know when ready and what you discover

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified