Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Garry, we have a Sundance Optima 850. The two stage pump…

Customer Question
Hi Garry, we have...

Hi Garry, we have a Sundance Optima 850. The two stage pump stopped working (the foot jets work fine but the second stage doesn't work. I think it's also the pump that runs when the heat cycle is going to maintain heat when the spa is not in use. It's an A. O. Smith pump with a part #7-193227-01. The Sundance dealer says it's a $500 part. Are there other options?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Sundance

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's not too complicated. My husband is pretty handy.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 3 days by:
11/14/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician

Hi:

This Sundance Spa has a separate pump just for the purpose of circulating water thru the heater. This pump runs on only 1 speed, and there is another pump that circulate water only thru the jets. Can you clarify which pump you're having the problem with ?

Let me know and we can continue. Thank you

It took so long to get a reply that we called a repairman who had been out and ordered the pump already. I would think with the exact part number in my question a spa expert could have determined which pump it was.

Sorry you were not able to get a quicker response, but I'm glad you now have your spa up and working. Just to let you know, the way you worded your statement was not very clear as to which one of the pumps was the actual problem. The Manufacturer name indicated it was the large jet pump, but I was just checking for clarity. Anyway, thank you for your response in letting me know your spa is operating.