Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My heater is not working. I have no flashing lights on the…

Customer Question
My heater is not...

My heater is not working. I have no flashing lights on the control panel, jets and light work fine. Its a 2003 Hot Springs Sovereign.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since it was delivered a few weeks ago. I bought it used.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We recently replaced the heater relay board, but that didn't help.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 4 days by:
11/14/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician

H​I:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to help you with your spa. What Voltage are you operating the spa at (120 or 240)?

Do you have a volt meter to check for voltages coming into the spa and at the heater terminals?

Hi Garry. 220. It was tested with a volt meter and no issues there. The heater relay board was already replaced but it didn't solve anything. Its been suggested that the control head needs to be replaced and that the motherboard must be replaced because those individual parts have been upgraded and you can't replace just one or it won't be compatible with the old parts. Is that accurate?

B​efore we address the issue of replacement, can you tell me if the "Heater On" light on the main board is lit when calling for heat? If it is, check if you are getting 240 volts to the heater terminals located on the heater relay board.