Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a Sundance Cameo spa with 2 pumps. Sundance Spas inc.

Customer Question
I have a Sundance...

I have a Sundance Cameo spa with 2 pumps

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Sundance Spas inc

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes we already started, empty the spa completely + vacuum all the jets

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, as it is a 2 pumps spa, I did not open the 2 pumps to blow out the water and already put the antigel in, what should I do, please

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
11/7/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition replied 6 months ago
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition

To properly winterize a spa you need to drain all water from body of spa, then remove front panel of skirting to expose the pumps. The front and top of each pump has a union you need to open the unions and allow water to leak out then with a shop vac or blower you need to blow through both the suction side (front of pumps) and return side (top of pumps) of each pump, I would also blow through the built in drain line. As you are blowing air through you should be turning the air and diverter valves on the top of the spa to be sure that all ports are being blown out. Then vacuum out any remaining water from body of spa and add a little anti freeze to jets here and there as well as skimmer and pump housing. Not much is needed.

Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition