Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

My Hayward hot tub is showing a code of AO - I'm in the

Customer Question
my Hayward hot tub is...
my Hayward hot tub is showing a code of AO - I'm in the Houston area and have been told on the phone I need a whole new hot tub ( just put it in a couple years ago) It did not flood in my back yeard, but got over 30 inches of rain. Can you give me some advice?
JA: Who manufactured the hot tub?
Customer: Hayward
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hayward - no on me doing the work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pool and Spa
10/18/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

N​ot sure why they told you to replace you're spa, must have been trying to sell you a new one? Anyway the AO error code is for the auxiliary components overheating. This may be due to pumps collecting water internally. With 30" of rain even if they didn't get wet the amount of moisture in the air may have made them sweat. You might try disconnecting the secondary pump and see if the error goes away, if so that will narrow down where the problem is and you can have a local service provider make the necessary repairs.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. Please understand that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, however all my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, therefore I will kindly ask that while your question is open to check your email as I may send you updates or I may need additional information to help answer your question, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question if you believe it has relevance on this issue.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of these requests.

If you have any additional information you would like to add, just let me know and I will see if I can locate some more solutions to this question.

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified